- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Robin Roberts: Co-host of ‘Good Morning America’ to write memoir about illness
NEW YORK (AP) — Robin Roberts will tell the story of her battle with a life-threatening illness in a new memoir.
Grand Central Publishing says the “Good Morning America” co-anchor will write the as-yet-untitled book for publication in April.
The publisher announced Wednesday that Miss Roberts will write about her rare illness and her recovery, as well as the life lessons she continues to learn since her return to the “GMA” anchor desk.
The ABC News host underwent a bone marrow transplant in September to treat a blood and bone marrow disease. She was off work for five months before returning to the top-rated network morning show in February.
Her first book, “From the Heart: 7 Rules to Live By,” was a New York Times best-seller in 2007.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.