- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Tim Tebow to Arena Football League? Ron Jaworski hopes so
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA — Could it be Tebow Time in the Arena Football League?
“I love the guy,” Jaworski said. “I want him here just for his leadership.”
Tebow was brought to New York to be a dynamic addition to the offense, a complement to Mark Sanchez and a merchandising touchdown for the Jets. Instead, he attempted just eight passes for 39 yards and rushed 32 times for 102 yards — and no touchdowns.
It’s a path that could go through Philadelphia. The Orlando Predators have also expressed interest in Tebow.
Tebow is currently a free agent and hasn’t garnered interest from NFL teams since being cut.
Agent Jimmy Sexton did not immediately return a call for comment.
Tebow’s inaccurate passing, in addition to the relentless media attention he draws, makes him a risky acquisition for any NFL team.
Instead, it was a miserable season for Tebow as the Jets failed to find an effective way to use him, and he didn’t impress Rex Ryan and his coaching staff enough in practice to force them to give him more playing time.
That would all change with the Soul, Jaworski said.
“You’ve got to learn to get rid of the football, quick. You’ve got to process information, quick,” he said. “If those are challenges Tim has, that’s it. If you get reps and you’re dropping back 40-45 times, with people in your face, you get better. He needs to play. He needs to be on the field.”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world