- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Second-ranked Rory McIlroy bogeyed five of the last six holes for a 74, and playing partner Graeme McDowell, coming off a victory Sunday in Bulgaria in the Volvo World Match Play, also had a 74.
Ian Poulter finished with a 76, and two-time defending champion Luke Donald had a 78.
NCAA WOMEN’S GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) _ Annie Park shot a 2-under 70 in windy conditions to take the individual lead and help Southern California increase its lead to 17 strokes with one round left in the NCAA Women’s Golf Championships.
Park, a freshman from Levittown, N.Y., who won the Pac-12 Championship and tied for first in the NCAA West Regional, had a 9-under 207 total at the University of Georgia Golf Course for a two-stroke lead.
Southern California, 12 strokes ahead entering the day after breaking the NCAA tournament round record with a 12-under 276 on Friday, had a 3-under 285 for a 19-under 845 total. Duke was second at 2 under, and defending champion Alabama was tied for third at 9 over with Purdue and UCLA.
Southern Cal won NCAA titles in 2003 and 2008 and was second last year.
BAHAMAS LPGA CLASSIC
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) _ The LPGA Tour is going to use as much of the flooded Ocean Club course as it can for its inaugural trip to the Bahamas.
The Bahamas LPGA Classic is to start Friday with a 12-hole round, using the holes that aren’t under water from the worst flooding in about 20 years. Officials hope the rest of the course will drain in time for an 18-hole Sunday. Otherwise, it would be three rounds of 12 holes for the 144-player field.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow