- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Networks’ initial coverage of London terror attack excludes Islam
Question of the Day
The machete attack that left a British soldier dead on the streets of London on Wednesday included attackers shouting, "Allahu akbar," but the main television broadcast networks failed to reference Islam in their initial coverage.
NewsBusters reports that the evening broadcasts on ABC, CBS and NBC all used the word 'terrorism' but failed to provide any further context on the attackers' motivations.
Scott Pelley of CBS noted that the London attackers said, "God is great," but gave no mention of Islam. Likewise, Diane Sawyer on ABC told viewers there was an inquiry into whether or not the attackers had ties to terrorist groups and then added, "Officials in the United States and the United Kingdom are studying the meaning" of a video by one of the attackers.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Army's 3-D printed bombs will create 'a whole new universe' of deadly capabilities
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
- Chinese hackers stole 'huge quantities' of sensitive data on Israel's Iron Dome
- C-130 lands at Ramstein Air Force Base with dead boy in wheel well
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world