- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
Nico Rosberg quickest in 1st Monaco GP practice
MONACO (AP) - Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg posted the fastest time in the first practice session of the Monaco Grand Prix on Thursday.
The German driver has been on pole position for the last two races and clocked 1 minute, 16.195 seconds to finish 0.087 faster than Ferrari rival Fernando Alonso.
Alonso won the Spanish GP two weeks ago and is looking to become the first driver to win in Monaco with three different teams. Romain Grosjean was third fastest for Lotus.
Although Mercedes has been fastest in qualifying for the last three races, Rosberg and teammate Lewis Hamilton have yet to win a race.
Hamilton, who took pole at the Chinese GP, was fifth behind Ferrari driver Felipe Massa.
Championship leader Sebastian Vettel was 10th ahead of Thursday’s second practice run.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.