- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
RG3 in tears after knee surgery: ‘Real men cry’
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III cried after he woke up from right knee surgery in January and realized his anterior cruciate ligament had been repaired.
"Real men cry," Griffin said Thursday at Redskins Park in his first media availability since the procedure.
Griffin choked up as he described the aftermath of the Jan. 8 surgery when Dr. James Andrews also repaired the partially torn lateral collateral ligament.
After the tears, he punched in the date of the Redskins' first regular-season game — Sept. 9 vs. the Philadelphia Eagles — into his phone as the goal for his return.
On Thursday, Griffin wore a bulky brace on the knee as he threw to receivers, handed the ball off and looked agile.
Afterwards, he fielded 20 minutes of questions ranging from his relationship with coach Mike Shanahan — they "hashed" things out after the regular season — to his much-discussed wedding registry, Griffin jogged out of the indoor practice facility without a limp.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Declassified cables from Berlin Wall tell tale of drama, dare,
- Judge denies settlement motion in NFL concussion lawsuit
- Jay Gruden's long and winding road to Washington
- FENNO: Championship game provides an opportunity to listen to those who play
- FENNO: For Redskins, nonsensical is the new normal
Latest Blog Entries
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.