- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
A-Rod sells Miami Beach home for $30M
MIAMI BEACH, FLA. (AP) - New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez has sold his Miami Beach home for $30 million.
A-Rod's business partner, Jose More, confirmed that the sale closed Friday.
Rodriguez bought the 54,000-square-foot piece of waterfront land for $7.4 million in 2010. Using his own construction company, Newport Property Construction, he spent another $7.6 million building a nearly-20,000-square-foot mansion.
The sale _ one of the highest ever in Miami-Dade County _ will earn Rodriguez a $15 million profit.
More says Rodriguez decided to sell because the buyer, who More wouldn't name, made A-Rod an offer he simply could not refuse. More says Rodriguez also loves the design process and is already planning to buy another home in South Florida with a little more privacy.
A-Rod is recovering from surgery on his left hip.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again