- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
D.C. drive-by shooting blamed on rival gangs
Court filings describe Tyler House incident
Question of the Day
Police recovered 38 shell casings from the 9 mm guns used to fire at the crowd as well as 15 casings from a .40 caliber weapon investigators believe was used by someone in the crowd to fire back at the passing cars.
Mr. Bobb, 21, was also arrested Thursday and police said Mr. Smith is in custody for an unrelated crime in another jurisdiction. Police declined to say whether they are looking for or plan to charge any additional suspects in the shootings.
Mr. Bobb and Mr. Allen are scheduled to have preliminary hearings in D.C. Superior Court on June 7. Mr. Wilson’s preliminary hearing has been postponed several times and is now scheduled for September.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- No charges for Secret Service, Capitol Police in shooting of motorist
- D.C. 911 center reports dropped calls, long waits during power outage
- Forgotten vial of smallpox found in NIH storage room
- D.C. 911 system suffers 'catastrophic communications failure'
- Marijuana legalization activists turn in petition to put measure on D.C. ballot
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Most Americans get their kicks from their own game
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Tiger Woods' swing changes have hurt his game, Paul Azinger says
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- GOP aims to sue Obama first over health care employer mandate
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener