- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Fair Tax will end what ails IRS
Question of the Day
Had enough IRS abuse? Is the land of the free and the home of the brave still capable of recognizing the chill brush of tyranny? Can we sense the creeping feudalism infecting our government institutions? These past few weeks have confronted us with the IRS systematically stomping on the civil rights of groups with which it doesn’t agree.
This type of statist intimidation is a crime in America. We do not tolerate such behavior. In the past, we have called out the National Guard to ensure systematic violation of civil rights is stopped. Institutions have changed their behavior to fall into line with our values codified in the Constitution — or they have been shut down.
Freedom demands courage. The question stands: Have we had enough IRS abuse? The IRS is out of control. Conceived as a bad tax experiment, the IRS has become a feared oppressor. In the United States of America, we don’t have to stick with a failed experiment; tell your representatives and senators to immediately pass the Fair Tax proposal currently before Congress. Enacting the Fair Tax will phase out the IRS completely, expand the tax base and maintain the revenue we all know our government needs to serve our nation. Only the Fair Tax ends the IRS. Learn the facts for yourself at www.fairtax.org. Tell Congress you want the Fair Tax passed and the IRS gone. Political thuggery cannot be tolerated by a free and open society.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens