- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Rogers eligible to make debut for LA Galaxy
CARSON, CALIF. (AP) - Robbie Rogers didn’t play as a substitute in the first half of the Los Angeles Galaxy’s game Sunday night.
The former U.S. national team winger will become the first active openly gay male athlete to compete in a North American professional team sport when he makes his debut.
The Galaxy led the Seattle Sounders 4-0 at halftime.
Rogers was the focus of six photographers after he and the other subs sat on the bench before the game began.
Marc Burch, a Sounders substitute, slapped hands with Rogers as he headed toward the visiting bench. Seattle coach Sigi Schmid, who once coached the Galaxy, sought out Rogers for a supportive pre-game hug.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.