- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
Vandals spray paint ‘Islam’ over two British war memorials: report
Vandals defaced two British war memorials in central London overnight, allegedly writing "Islam" over the inscriptions in red spray paint, The Telegraph reports.
Vandals desecrated the RAF Bomber Command War Memorial, which remembers the 55,573 RAF airmen who lost their lives in WWII, and the Animals in War Memorial, which pays tribute to all the animals that served, suffered and died alongside allied forces in the 20th Century, The Telegraph reported.
Plastic sheets were used to cover the writing early in the morning, but "Islam" is believed to have been spray painted across the memorials, The Telegraph reports.
The incidents are being treated as criminal damage, police said. No arrests have been made.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Bill Ayers, Noam Chomsky to give their side in new Dinesh D'Souza film
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Mayor who sympathized with Kansas City shooter steps down
- Media Matters demands Sharyl Attkisson provide evidence for targeting claims
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say 'Jerusalem, Israel'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.