- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Woods to return to Turkey for European event
Organizers of the Turkish Airlines Open said Monday the No. 1 player in the world will be part of the 77-man field on Nov. 7-10 on the Maxx Royal course. Woods played in Turkey last year when it was an unofficial event of medal-match play. He lost in the semifinals to Justin Rose, who went on to win.
The tournament will be the third of four straight tournaments culminating with the European Tour finale in Dubai. It will have a $7 million purse.
Chubby Chandler of International Sports Management, who is promoting the tournament, said it was important to have Woods at the stop.
“We almost based the date around which week he could play, and this week suited the European Tour and Tiger Woods,” Chandler told PA Sport in London. “The other 77 names in the field will not be familiar to Turkish fans, but Tiger Woods is. To have the world No. 1 there, it always makes it special if a European Tour player can win with Tiger in the field.”
It will be the second European Tour event Woods plays. He missed the cut in Abu Dhabi to start the European Tour season. The Turkish Airlines Open is held the same week as the McGladrey Classic at Sea Island on the PGA Tour, which Woods has never played.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014