- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Kanaan earned nearly $2.4 million at Indy 500
Question of the Day
Then, he looked over at his friend.
“My man here, they got it right. You did a great job.”
It was a steep drop in earnings for the second-place finisher, but 21-year-old Colombian rookie Carlos Munoz wasn’t complaining about $964,205.
“Whoa,” he said. “That’s a lot of money.”
Munoz said he was surprised to perform so well.
“Being a rookie, I didn’t expect to be that quick. It was an awesome car the whole race.”
Third-place finisher Ryan Hunter-Reay, the defending IndyCar champion, earned $583,005.
Marco Andretti, who took over the series points lead, was fourth with $469,755. He said Andretti Autosport was solid all day, but simply didn’t have enough for Kanaan.
“A few of us on our team executed perfectly,” Andretti said. “We still got beat, so that tells you how good these guys were.”
Justin Wilson finished fifth and earned $337,805. Helio Castroneves, who finished sixth, earned $313,755.
The mood was celebratory throughout the evening.
“Drivers are usually unhappy when they don’t win, but you made a lot of people happy,” Oriol Servia told Kanaan.
Gun rights apply to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq