- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Rep. Michele Bachmann won’t seek re-election to House
Question of the Day
“There was every sign of a Bachmann revival effort and to all of a sudden pull the plug on running re-election after putting in the time and money and making the political commitment, tells me that there is another shoe to drop,” Mr. Jacobs said.
William McGinley, the lawyer representing Mrs. Bachmann, has said that she will be cleared of any wrongdoing.
Mrs. Bachmann also addressed the allegations in her announcement, saying “this decision was not impacted in any way the recent inquiries into the activities of my former presidential campaign, or my former presidential staff.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
- GOP 2014: Republican governors cite their economic stewardship
- Perdue, Nunn square off in race for Georgia's open Senate seat
- Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff locked in dead heat
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq