- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Zimmerman hits 3 HRs in first 3 ABs for Nationals
BALTIMORE (AP) - Ryan Zimmerman hit three home runs in his first three at-bats for the Washington Nationals and is seeking to make history by hitting four homers in a game.
Facing the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday night, Zimmerman hit a solo shot in the first inning, another solo drive in the fourth and a two-run homer in the fifth. All three home runs came off Chris Tillman.
Facing Steve Johnson in the seventh inning, Zimmerman looked at a third strike.
It’s the first three-homer game of Zimmerman’s career. Earlier in the day, Dioner Navarro hit three home runs for the Chicago Cubs in a win over the White Sox.
The last time two players hit three homers on the same day was Oct. 3 of last year, by Dan Johnson of the Chicago White Sox and Evan Longoria of Tampa Bay according to STATS.
The major league record for home runs in a game is four. The last to do it was Josh Hamilton, for Texas in Baltimore on May 8, 2012.
Zimmerman came in with three homers in 38 games this season. Navarro also began the day with three home runs.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.