- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Amnesty rewards illegal acts
Question of the Day
The Bible recognizes national borders. When Moses led the Israelites to the Promised Land, he asked the King of Edom for permission to cross through his kingdom, but “Edom came out against them with a large and powerful army. Since Edom refused to let them go through their territory, Israel turned away from them” (Numbers 20:14-21).
Each year, America welcomes more than 1 million immigrants who have requested permission to enter by following our immigration laws. Our nation has every right to enforce our immigration laws so that our people are not overwhelmed by foreign workers competing for scarce resources such as jobs.
The Gang of Eight’s immigration amnesty bill will reward more than 11 million foreign lawbreakers with legal status at a time when some 20 million Americans are unemployed. We should not place illegals on the same level as citizens or legal immigrants who respected our laws.
Everyone wants to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but John 10:1 reads, “[A]nyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.”
Here’s the good news: Anyone who repents by turning around and taking the right path may enter America or the Kingdom of Heaven. God doesn’t change His laws to accommodate lawless behavior, and neither should our government.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes