- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Amnesty rewards illegal acts
The Bible recognizes national borders. When Moses led the Israelites to the Promised Land, he asked the King of Edom for permission to cross through his kingdom, but “Edom came out against them with a large and powerful army. Since Edom refused to let them go through their territory, Israel turned away from them” (Numbers 20:14-21).
Each year, America welcomes more than 1 million immigrants who have requested permission to enter by following our immigration laws. Our nation has every right to enforce our immigration laws so that our people are not overwhelmed by foreign workers competing for scarce resources such as jobs.
The Gang of Eight’s immigration amnesty bill will reward more than 11 million foreign lawbreakers with legal status at a time when some 20 million Americans are unemployed. We should not place illegals on the same level as citizens or legal immigrants who respected our laws.
Everyone wants to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but John 10:1 reads, “[A]nyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.”
Here’s the good news: Anyone who repents by turning around and taking the right path may enter America or the Kingdom of Heaven. God doesn’t change His laws to accommodate lawless behavior, and neither should our government.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Solution to Cyprus dispute is no 'mistake'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's real wealth redistribution scheme
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare numbers nothing to celebrate
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Unanswered bus-crash questions
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Lerner won't face meaningful punishment