- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Danica and Ricky make an All-Star voting video
Question of the Day
With polling open for the fan vote for this month’s Sprint All-Star Race, the couple made a light-hearted video in which Patrick encourages her boyfriend to vote for her. As soon as she heads off to practice, Stenhouse votes for himself.
Patrick and Stenhouse are battling each other for Sprint Cup rookie of the year honors, and because both are winless in the Cup Series, they need to either race their way into the All-Star event or get the fan vote. Voting is open on NASCAR’s website and the NASCAR mobile app until 5 p.m. of the May 18 race.
The video was collaboration between her sponsor Go Daddy and Sprint, and the brainchild of publicist Joe Crowley.
“It was a clever little script, so we shot it in a matter of about 20 minutes,” Patrick said. “Obviously, we both want to be in the race and to try to create a little bit of buzz to get people to go vote and have some fun with it. We thought that was fun. I would love to be in the race and I think more than anything you want to entertain your fans of course. I hope I can be in the race to do that.”
It wasn’t the first promotional work the couple has done together.
“We’ve done stuff on camera before,” she said. “We shot stuff for Nationwide and some other things together. It wasn’t the first time, but I think it’s clever and cute for the both of us. I think I would vote for him, I like watching Ricky race.”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world