- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
Danica and Ricky make an All-Star voting video
Question of the Day
With polling open for the fan vote for this month’s Sprint All-Star Race, the couple made a light-hearted video in which Patrick encourages her boyfriend to vote for her. As soon as she heads off to practice, Stenhouse votes for himself.
Patrick and Stenhouse are battling each other for Sprint Cup rookie of the year honors, and because both are winless in the Cup Series, they need to either race their way into the All-Star event or get the fan vote. Voting is open on NASCAR’s website and the NASCAR mobile app until 5 p.m. of the May 18 race.
The video was collaboration between her sponsor Go Daddy and Sprint, and the brainchild of publicist Joe Crowley.
“It was a clever little script, so we shot it in a matter of about 20 minutes,” Patrick said. “Obviously, we both want to be in the race and to try to create a little bit of buzz to get people to go vote and have some fun with it. We thought that was fun. I would love to be in the race and I think more than anything you want to entertain your fans of course. I hope I can be in the race to do that.”
It wasn’t the first promotional work the couple has done together.
“We’ve done stuff on camera before,” she said. “We shot stuff for Nationwide and some other things together. It wasn’t the first time, but I think it’s clever and cute for the both of us. I think I would vote for him, I like watching Ricky race.”
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq