- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Danica and Ricky make an All-Star voting video
With polling open for the fan vote for this month’s Sprint All-Star Race, the couple made a light-hearted video in which Patrick encourages her boyfriend to vote for her. As soon as she heads off to practice, Stenhouse votes for himself.
Patrick and Stenhouse are battling each other for Sprint Cup rookie of the year honors, and because both are winless in the Cup Series, they need to either race their way into the All-Star event or get the fan vote. Voting is open on NASCAR’s website and the NASCAR mobile app until 5 p.m. of the May 18 race.
The video was collaboration between her sponsor Go Daddy and Sprint, and the brainchild of publicist Joe Crowley.
“It was a clever little script, so we shot it in a matter of about 20 minutes,” Patrick said. “Obviously, we both want to be in the race and to try to create a little bit of buzz to get people to go vote and have some fun with it. We thought that was fun. I would love to be in the race and I think more than anything you want to entertain your fans of course. I hope I can be in the race to do that.”
It wasn’t the first promotional work the couple has done together.
“We’ve done stuff on camera before,” she said. “We shot stuff for Nationwide and some other things together. It wasn’t the first time, but I think it’s clever and cute for the both of us. I think I would vote for him, I like watching Ricky race.”
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.