- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
Danica and Ricky make an All-Star voting video
With polling open for the fan vote for this month’s Sprint All-Star Race, the couple made a light-hearted video in which Patrick encourages her boyfriend to vote for her. As soon as she heads off to practice, Stenhouse votes for himself.
Patrick and Stenhouse are battling each other for Sprint Cup rookie of the year honors, and because both are winless in the Cup Series, they need to either race their way into the All-Star event or get the fan vote. Voting is open on NASCAR’s website and the NASCAR mobile app until 5 p.m. of the May 18 race.
“It was a clever little script, so we shot it in a matter of about 20 minutes,” Patrick said. “Obviously, we both want to be in the race and to try to create a little bit of buzz to get people to go vote and have some fun with it. We thought that was fun. I would love to be in the race and I think more than anything you want to entertain your fans of course. I hope I can be in the race to do that.”
It wasn’t the first promotional work the couple has done together.
“We’ve done stuff on camera before,” she said. “We shot stuff for Nationwide and some other things together. It wasn’t the first time, but I think it’s clever and cute for the both of us. I think I would vote for him, I like watching Ricky race.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again