- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Danica and Ricky make an All-Star voting video
With polling open for the fan vote for this month’s Sprint All-Star Race, the couple made a light-hearted video in which Patrick encourages her boyfriend to vote for her. As soon as she heads off to practice, Stenhouse votes for himself.
Patrick and Stenhouse are battling each other for Sprint Cup rookie of the year honors, and because both are winless in the Cup Series, they need to either race their way into the All-Star event or get the fan vote. Voting is open on NASCAR’s website and the NASCAR mobile app until 5 p.m. of the May 18 race.
“It was a clever little script, so we shot it in a matter of about 20 minutes,” Patrick said. “Obviously, we both want to be in the race and to try to create a little bit of buzz to get people to go vote and have some fun with it. We thought that was fun. I would love to be in the race and I think more than anything you want to entertain your fans of course. I hope I can be in the race to do that.”
It wasn’t the first promotional work the couple has done together.
“We’ve done stuff on camera before,” she said. “We shot stuff for Nationwide and some other things together. It wasn’t the first time, but I think it’s clever and cute for the both of us. I think I would vote for him, I like watching Ricky race.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again