- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
David Lee returns for Warriors in Game 6 vs Denver
OAKLAND, CALIF. (AP) - All-Star forward David Lee made a surprising return for the Golden State Warriors in Game 6 against the Denver Nuggets on Thursday night after not dressing the previous four games with what the team had called a season-ending hip injury.
Lee didn’t participate in early pregame warm-ups, then sprinted out of the tunnel second behind Stephen Curry about 15 minutes before tipoff, ripping off his jacket and getting a rousing ovation from fans when he was shown on the videoboard.
With 6:05 remaining in the first quarter, Lee took off the shirt over his uniform and began to check in at the scorer’s table. As fans started to roar to its feet, Nuggets coach George Karl quickly called timeout and quieted the crowd.
Lee didn’t come in following the timeout, then went back to the scorer’s table once played resumed. He finally entered the game with 2:23 to play following a timeout by Warriors coach Mark Jackson, getting a standing ovation from fans as he jogged to center court and pointed to the sky with both hands.
Lee had one rebound and missed his only shot in 87 seconds of play in the first quarter.
Lee was hurt in the fourth quarter of Game 1, when he banged into Denver’s JaVale McGee on a drive and landed on his side. The Warriors said April 21 he had a season-ending tear of his right hip flexor.
Carl Landry started at power forward alongside point guard Stephen Curry, shooting guard Klay Thompson, small forward Harrison Barnes and center Andrew Bogut.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.