- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
‘President Cruz’ poses constitutional conundrum
The Palmetto State could prove to be fertile political ground for Mr. Cruz, who bills himself as a defender of the Constitution, touts his pro-life credentials and is closely tied to former South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, who vacated his seat this year to take over the conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation.
A Princeton debate champion, Harvard Law School graduate, and former clerk for Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, Mr. Cruz has earned headlines for the combative style he has brought to Capitol Hill since the 2012 election.
He opposed the nominations of Sen. John Kerry to be the next secretary of State and former Sen. Chuck Hagel to head the Pentagon. And he pushed back against Hurricane Sandy emergency relief funding for the Northeast, the Republican-controlled House’s plan to waive the nation’s borrowing limit for nearly four months and post-Newtown efforts to tighten the nation’s gun control laws.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014