- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Separate rules for Chicago politicians
Illinois state Sen. Donne Trotter, a Democrat, was accused of trying to board a plane headed to Washington with a gun. He pleaded guilty to reckless conduct and avoided felony charges — good for him because a felony conviction could have lost Mr. Trotter his job and pension.
But Mr. Trotter was, in fact, trying to board an aircraft with a weapon. Do you know what else it might have cost? The life of everyone on that airplane. Just so I have the laws correct, one still cannot bring makeup aboard a flight — but knives (similar to the box cutters used in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks) are OK, as is boarding with a gun if you are high-profile enough. Interesting laws seem to abound for Chicago politicians.
JACQUELINE A. POSTAL
Silver Spring, Md.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama pleads for peace in strife-torn Central African Republic
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control