- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Don’t trust Trump
Question of the Day
Well, it’s starting early this election cycle.
Donald Trump, the quintessential pretender of presidential contenders, is at it again, making high-profile political speeches and claiming that the minions are begging him to once again run for president. Word has it that he spent $1 million on electoral research to see if he would be a viable candidate in 2016 (“Donald Trump spends $1M while mulling 2016 White House run,” Web, 27).
My question is, why would this time around be any different than 2012? If anything, being four years older puts Mr. Trump at an ancient 70 years old in 2016, which would make him the oldest president ever inaugurated.
Moreover, Mr. Trump dropped out of the 2012 campaign once he started to lag in the polls, citing his “love” for his job over his love of country.
Despite co-authoring (with Sean Hannity) a scathing anti-Obama book, “Time to Get Tough,” it was OK for Mr. Trump to let the “disastrous” President Obama win another term because Mr. Trump simply didn’t have the guts to stomach a tough primary fight and a general election campaign. In other words, he wasn’t tough enough to walk the walk.
As I see it, when it comes to politics, Mr. Trump is nothing but a publicity-seeking charlatan. And frankly, I don’t know what I find more embarrassing: Mr. Trump’s inherent need to seek out publicity at any cost or the media’s incessant need to cover him doing it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'