- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Small plane crashes into Virginia apartment building
Question of the Day
HERNDON, Va. (AP) — Authorities say two people suffered minor injuries when a small plane crashed into the living room of an apartment in Herndon.
Capt. Willie Bailey with Fairfax County Fire and Rescue says the plane ran out of fuel early Friday and crashed, injuring two people — one in the apartment and one in the Cessna 177B. The plane was headed from the Philadelphia area to Manassas Regional Airport.
David Ventura, who lives in the apartment, tells WRC-TV that he was awakened by the sound of the crash and shocked to discover a plane and two strangers in his living room.
The Red Cross is helping nine adults, seven children and three pets who had to leave the building.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world