- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Rolling Stones launch ‘50 and Counting’ tour with energetic set
LOS ANGELES — The Rolling Stones must have passed through a time machine before taking the Staples Center stage to kick off their “50 and Counting” tour.
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts delivered a rousing set Friday with the kind of youthful energy and musical verve they displayed decades ago. Their faces showed their age, but their performance did not, with a nonstop, more than two-hour set packed with hits.
Gwen Stefani joined the group to sing “Wild Horses.” Keith Urban played guitar and sang backup on “Respectable.” Veteran Stones member Mick Taylor added guitar to “Midnight Rambler.”
Jack Nicholson was in the audience and fans welcomed him with a round of applause as he took his seat.
The Rolling Stones U.S. tour continues through June 21.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014