- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Donald Trump heads East to Dubai with new golf course
Donald Trump is expanding golfing operations into the Middle East, with plans to open a course in Dubai.
Trump International Golf Club will be at the center of a 28-million-foot project underway in Dubai. Other properties in the project: A luxury residential community, several hotels, a spa and schools that will serve an international community, The Associated Press reported.
The development will be on land that was supposed to be the home for Dubailand — a project that included a $1 billion golfing estate for Tiger Woods that was halted in the downturned economy, AP reported. Mr. Trump’s announced project marks an upturn in Dubai’s economy.
The Trump Organization has 14 courses around the world, most of which are award-winning, AP said.
This course in Dubai — set to be a 7,205-yard, par-71 play — will be the company’s first for the Asian region, AP reported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rob Ford tried to squelch crack claims by buying video for $5K: court
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: 'It's OK to say Merry Christmas'
- American chemistry teacher gun downed in Benghazi: ‘He was so sweet’
- American teacher shot in Benghazi, Libya
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, 'Never, ever'
Latest Blog Entries
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- NAPOLITANO: Liberty, the wellspring of capitalism and charity
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Young millennials shun Obamacare, creating risky imbalance
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.