- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
Buffalo Sabres hire Rolston as head coach
Before being selected interim coach, Rolston had coached the Rochester Americans, Buffalo’s AHL affiliate, since 2011.
The Sabres finished 21-21-6 and missed the playoffs for a second straight year and fourth time in six seasons.
At the end-of-season news conference last week, Regier said more “suffering” might be in store for Sabres fans before the team can once again be considered a contender. He began a rebuilding plan at the end of last season, and Regier hasn’t said if those plans will include keeping goalie Ryan Miller and leading scorer Thomas Vanek or trading one or both before their contracts expire at the end of next season.
Rolston was in his second season coaching Rochester when he was hired as interim head coach in Buffalo. He spent seven seasons as coach of USA Hockey’s national team development program. During that time, he became the first coach to lead the U.S. Under-18 team to win three gold medals (2005, 2009, 2011).
He becomes the Sabres‘ 16th head coach.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again