- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Buffalo Sabres hire Rolston as head coach
Before being selected interim coach, Rolston had coached the Rochester Americans, Buffalo’s AHL affiliate, since 2011.
The Sabres finished 21-21-6 and missed the playoffs for a second straight year and fourth time in six seasons.
At the end-of-season news conference last week, Regier said more “suffering” might be in store for Sabres fans before the team can once again be considered a contender. He began a rebuilding plan at the end of last season, and Regier hasn’t said if those plans will include keeping goalie Ryan Miller and leading scorer Thomas Vanek or trading one or both before their contracts expire at the end of next season.
Rolston was in his second season coaching Rochester when he was hired as interim head coach in Buffalo. He spent seven seasons as coach of USA Hockey’s national team development program. During that time, he became the first coach to lead the U.S. Under-18 team to win three gold medals (2005, 2009, 2011).
He becomes the Sabres‘ 16th head coach.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014