- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Buffalo Sabres hire Rolston as head coach
Before being selected interim coach, Rolston had coached the Rochester Americans, Buffalo’s AHL affiliate, since 2011.
The Sabres finished 21-21-6 and missed the playoffs for a second straight year and fourth time in six seasons.
At the end-of-season news conference last week, Regier said more “suffering” might be in store for Sabres fans before the team can once again be considered a contender. He began a rebuilding plan at the end of last season, and Regier hasn’t said if those plans will include keeping goalie Ryan Miller and leading scorer Thomas Vanek or trading one or both before their contracts expire at the end of next season.
Rolston was in his second season coaching Rochester when he was hired as interim head coach in Buffalo. He spent seven seasons as coach of USA Hockey’s national team development program. During that time, he became the first coach to lead the U.S. Under-18 team to win three gold medals (2005, 2009, 2011).
He becomes the Sabres‘ 16th head coach.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.