- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Disagreement isn’t discrimination
Question of the Day
It is unfathomable why a big influential company felt the need to issue an apology for Chris Broussard’s honest and respectful response to a question that he was asked (“ESPN apologizes for Chris Broussard’s conservative Christian views of homosexuality,” Web, April 30). It is almost comical how fearful America has become of people who dare speak honestly and who stand up for their faith.
Humans are all different, with different beliefs and values. Why is that so incomprehensible to the gay community, a group that goes far and beyond to demand respect for what they believe, yet has been a driving force against anyone else who asks for the same courtesy?
Mr. Broussard is a much-needed kind of role model for today’s youth. All children see and hear in the news these days is bickering and mudslinging. In a world where dishonesty, discrimination and deceit in character run rampant, Mr. Broussard showed only maturity. Honesty without malice cannot be confused with hate. He even says that although he and ESPN writer LZ Granderson differ in their beliefs about homosexuality, that doesn’t change how they get along. Did anyone read that part of the article?
It is not discriminatory to disagree. If anything, the homosexual people who shot back with nasty, accusing words are the ones discriminating. It’s time for America to face the fact that we are all different — and be mature enough to handle honest responses without throwing a hissy fit.
Myrtle Beach, S.C.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
Get Breaking Alerts
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals