- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
Goalie likely out for season after hitting post
BRUSSELS (AP) - The goalkeeper who was knocked unconscious when he crashed head-first into a goalpost during a Belgian league game will likely miss the rest of the season.
Lokeren goalkeeper Barry Boubacar Copa was back home on Tuesday after spending two days in a hospital to see if there was any damage to his neck and skull following the incident on Sunday.
The team said he sustained a concussion.
Copa, the Ivory Coast’s national team goalkeeper, was reaching for a shot in a playoff game against FC Brugge when he smashed into the post and was briefly knocked out.
Lokeren spokesman Romain Van Schoor said Tuesday the club “does not expect him to play in any of the remaining games of the playoffs,” which end on May 19.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.