- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
Challenge do-nothing Warner
Sen. Mark R. Warner, Virginia Democrat, has been a do-nothing senator while carrying water for President Obama’s disastrous policies. He claims to be a great businessman, but what successful business person now in position of power as a United States senator stands by and does nothing while the president enacts policies that have wreaked havoc on our economy?
Obamacare and increased taxes on everything have driven up unemployment and caused our economy to remain in a poor position. Likewise, what senator who claims to be strong on defense — especially a senator from one of the most defense-oriented states in the country — stands by and does nothing while Mr. Obama dismantles our nation’s military? Our armed forces continue to be weakened by Mr. Obama’s huge cuts to our defense budgets.
Similarly, since the attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, Mr. Warner has done nothing to get to the bottom of how and why Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed on Sept. 11, 2012. Again, here is a senator who claims to be pro-defense not asking a single question as to why our military was not called in during the attack. It is high time for our do-nothing senator to be challenged on these serious issues of the day.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class