- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Challenge do-nothing Warner
Sen. Mark R. Warner, Virginia Democrat, has been a do-nothing senator while carrying water for President Obama’s disastrous policies. He claims to be a great businessman, but what successful business person now in position of power as a United States senator stands by and does nothing while the president enacts policies that have wreaked havoc on our economy?
Obamacare and increased taxes on everything have driven up unemployment and caused our economy to remain in a poor position. Likewise, what senator who claims to be strong on defense — especially a senator from one of the most defense-oriented states in the country — stands by and does nothing while Mr. Obama dismantles our nation’s military? Our armed forces continue to be weakened by Mr. Obama’s huge cuts to our defense budgets.
Similarly, since the attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, Mr. Warner has done nothing to get to the bottom of how and why Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed on Sept. 11, 2012. Again, here is a senator who claims to be pro-defense not asking a single question as to why our military was not called in during the attack. It is high time for our do-nothing senator to be challenged on these serious issues of the day.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
Get Breaking Alerts
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable