- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Joe Biden: Susan Rice has Obama’s ‘absolute, total, complete confidence’
Vice President Joseph R. Biden confirmed on Tuesday that the president stands by one of the key players in the Benghazi, Libya, diplomatic war — just a day before Congress and the nation is due to hear explosive witness testimony that hints the White House mantra was a coverup.
U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice was at the forefront of the White House response to the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. Her message: The attack was not terrorism, but a protest, and it was fueled by a YouTube video that was perceived as disrespectful to Muslims.
Mr. Biden, on Tuesday night at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies — where Ms. Rice was being given an award — reminded that President Obama still has her back, The Associated Press reported.
His words: She has the “absolute, total, complete confidence of the president,” and that when Ms. Rice speaks, it’s clear — she speaks for Mr. Obama, AP reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Russia accused of sinking own cruiser to block Ukrainian navy
- Pope Francis: I snatched a cross from my confessor's corpse
- Suspected serial killer may be loose near Washington, D.C.
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- Napoleon's death-bed hair, shirt to hit the auction block
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again