- Aborted fetuses from Britain incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
Moyes to leave Everton; wants to join United
MANCHESTER, ENGLAND (AP) - David Moyes is leaving Everton after the season and wants to replace Alex Ferguson as manager of Manchester United.
While United has not yet announced Ferguson's successor at Old Trafford, the statement from Everton on Thursday clears the way for Moyes to be hired by the Premier League champions.
Everton says on its website it "can confirm" that Moyes will be leaving. The team adds that Moyes met with chairman Bill Kenwright and "confirmed his desire to join Manchester United."
Ferguson said Wednesday he is retiring at the end of the season after more than 27 years in charge at United.
Moyes has never won a major trophy in his coaching career but should help ensure a smooth transition between Scotsmen at United.
The 50-year-old Moyes has shown loyalty and staying power in his 11 years with Everton _ attributes that should suit him well in his next job. United is trying to avoid any radical changes to its structure after Ferguson joins the boardroom when the season ends.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014