- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Ravens get C Shipley from Colts for draft pick
The trade, announced Thursday by the Ravens, will be finalized after Shipley passes a physical.
Shipley played in 14 games last season with the Colts, getting five starts. He played a key role on an offensive line that was often decimated by injuries. He participated on special teams for Indianapolis in an AFC wild-card game in Baltimore last season.
But Shipley became expendable after the Colts selected Khaled Holmes, a center and guard from Southern California in the fourth round of last month’s draft _ part of Indy’s revamped offense line that has added four new players through free agency and the draft.
The 6-foot-1, 309-pound Shipley was selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by Pittsburgh. He was a member of the Steelers’ practice squad in 2009 and on Philadelphia’s practice squad in 2010 before signing with Indianapolis in 2012.
He played in college at Penn State.
Shipley will compete with Gino Gradkowski to replace 2012 starter Matt Birk, who retired during the offseason.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.