- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Ravens get C Shipley from Colts for draft pick
OWINGS MILLS, MD. (AP) - The Baltimore Ravens acquired center A.Q. Shipley from the Indianapolis Colts for a conditional 2014 draft pick.
The trade, announced Thursday by the Ravens, will be finalized after Shipley passes a physical.
Shipley played in 14 games last season with the Colts, getting five starts. He played a key role on an offensive line that was often decimated by injuries. He participated on special teams for Indianapolis in an AFC wild-card game in Baltimore last season.
But Shipley became expendable after the Colts selected Khaled Holmes, a center and guard from Southern California in the fourth round of last month's draft _ part of Indy's revamped offense line that has added four new players through free agency and the draft.
The 6-foot-1, 309-pound Shipley was selected in the seventh round of the 2009 draft by Pittsburgh. He was a member of the Steelers' practice squad in 2009 and on Philadelphia's practice squad in 2010 before signing with Indianapolis in 2012.
He played in college at Penn State.
Shipley will compete with Gino Gradkowski to replace 2012 starter Matt Birk, who retired during the offseason.
Extra charge on the bill reminds everyone who's paying
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 'Holy grail of guitars' among those in N.Y. auction
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again