- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Security adviser to Obama says U.S. is an ‘Islamic country’
Question of the Day
A member of the Department of Homeland Security Advisory Council is under fire for tweeting that America is "an Islamic country."
After a Twitter user asked Mohamed Elibiary on Thursday to "show me just ONE example of an Islamic country where non Muslims are treated with equality," he responded with the controversial tweet, which was first reported by the Washington Free Beacon: "America and yes I do consider the United States of America an Islamic country with an Islamically compliant constitution. Move On!"
The back-and-forth between Mr. Elibiary and the Twitter user, who identified himself as Tim Lee, started when Mr. Elibiary said the conservative perception of Islam needed to "evolve."
According to the Free Beacon, Mr. Elibiary has served on the department's "Countering Violent Extremist Working Group," as well as its "Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee." He is also a strong supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Neither the department nor Mr. Elibiary responded to the Beacon's request for comment.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Army's 3-D printed bombs will create 'a whole new universe' of deadly capabilities
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
- Chinese hackers stole 'huge quantities' of sensitive data on Israel's Iron Dome
- C-130 lands at Ramstein Air Force Base with dead boy in wheel well
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world