- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Inside the Beltway: Chris Christie enters the ‘lean’ years
POLL DU JOUR
• 50 percent of U.S. voters would choose Hillary Rodham Clinton and 33 percent would choose Sen. Ted Cruz in a theoretical 2016 presidential match-up;85 percent of Democrats would pick Mrs. Clinton and 65 percent of Republicans would choose Mr. Cruz.
• 48 percent overall would choose Mrs. Clinton and 39 percent would choose Jeb Bush in a theoretical match-up;81 percent of Democrats would pick Mrs. Clinton and 75 percent of Republicans would choose Mr. Bush.
• 44 percent overall would choose Mrs. Clinton and 39 percent would choose New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in a theoretical match-up; 80 percent of Democrats would pick Mrs. Clinton and 72 percent of Republicans would choose Mr. Christie.
• 38 percent overall would vote for Vice President Joseph R. Biden and 45 percent would vote for Mr. Christie, if that was the theoretical match-up.
Source: A Public Policy Survey of 649 U.S. voters conducted Oct. 29 to 31 and released Friday.
• Oorahs, hooahs, hooyahs, hoorahs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: An agenda-free Easter
- Inside the Beltway: A Hillary-free 2016 would confound Democrats
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- George P. Bush - son of Jeb - the lead figure in the Bush political push for now
- Inside the Beltway: The appeal of 'strong America'
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.