- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Former N.Y. mobster John A. Gotti reportedly stabbed in stomach
Question of the Day
“Junior” Gotti, the son of the notorious Gambino crime family boss John Gotti, told investigators he was stabbed in the stomach while trying to break up a fight between two strangers, a law enforcement source told the New York Daily News, however the source remained skeptical of the good Samaritan story.
“It’s hard to believe he would break up a fight between two strangers,” the source said.
Mr. Gotti walked into a hospital with a stab wound after the dispute in Syosset at about 9:30 p.m., according to Nassau police. He was then transferred to North Shore University Hospital, the source told the Daily News.
The incident is now being investigated by both the Nassau County Police Department and Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice’s office, the source said.
Mr. Gotti led the Gambino crime family for much of the 1990s while his father was in prison, NBC New York reported. He said he quit the mob in 1999, after deciding he had enough of the organized crime business and wanted to focus on being a father.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
- Washington Post reporter, 2 other Americans detained in Iran
- Browns fan records himself urinating on grave of former Ravens owner Art Modell
- Alec Baldwin refuses to apologize for berating cops: 'I’d rather pay the fine'
- N.J. teen who sued parents granted restraining order against boyfriend
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq