- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Pope Francis’ ambassador to U.S. bishops: Make Catholics feel more at home in the church
Question of the Day
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Vatican ambassador to the United States told American bishops on Monday that they should make Roman Catholics feel more at home in the church.
Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, apostolic nuncio to the United States, also said Pope Francis wants bishops to act more fatherly and not follow any particular ideology.
The ambassador made the remarks at the start of the general assembly of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in Baltimore. It’s the first such meeting since Francis was elected and asked bishops to focus more on mercy than hot-button political issues. Many Catholics are watching for any change in the bishops’ tone.
Cardinal Timothy Dolan, archbishop of New York, is ending his term as president of the bishops conference. He urged church leaders to make religious freedom abroad their defining issue and said challenges to religious freedom in the U.S. pale in comparison with what Christians face overseas.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors