- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Redskins see improvement on special teams, but miscues persist
“If somebody takes advantages of their opportunities, then they’ll stay there,” Shanahan said Friday. “If they don’t, then we’ll try somebody else. One of the reasons why we put Niles back there [was] to give him a little shot, and he took advantage of that opportunity.”
Paul, who has succeeded Doughty as the special teams captain the last four games, said the yardage differential in all return games demonstrate improvement. The sample size isn’t large enough to evaluate anywhere but on kickoff coverage, where the Redskins were allowing 26.4 yards per return in the first five games, including a 90-yarder by Harris, but have allowed 18.3 yards per return in the last four.
“I mean, it’s a process,” Doughty said. “It’s one of those things that not everything is going to always go your way, but as long as you’re putting in that process of focusing on detail and paying attention to everything you can do, hopefully, those results will come.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Wizards begin their postseason bid with Nene ready to be a factor
- Inexperienced Wizards believe they're ready for playoff challenge
- As Wizards head into postseason, Otto Porter's role remains a mystery
- Wizards climbing back to respectability with first playoff appearance in six years
- Without LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Heat pummeled by Wizards
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.