- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberal media report only fringe issues
According to the mainstream media, the recent government shutdown has left Republicans — and more importantly, conservatives — on the precipice of a political abyss.
The media concentrates on disagreements in the Republican Party and low public approval of the GOP, while simultaneously remaining silent about the abject failure of our president’s domestic and international policies. The left-wing media’s ultimate hope is to brainwash enough low-information voters and guilt-ridden Democrats into thinking that President Obama is the Abraham Lincoln of this century and that he must be succeeded by the coronation of “Queen” Hillary Rodham Clinton.
What the media fails to report is that more than 50 percent of voters disapprove of the president’s performance and more than 80 percent of voters think the country is going in the wrong direction.
Despite unacceptable jobless rates, uninspiring economic growth and an unsustainable national debt, Democrats and the media spend 90 percent of their time ranting and raving about gay marriage, LGBT rights, on-demand abortion, junk environmental science and immigration reform, all of which affect less than 25 percent of the population.
There are no media reports highlighting the fact that Americans in general are more aligned with Republicans than Democrats on key issues. Americans want jobs, Obamacare fixed, reductions in the national debt and annual deficits, tax reform, reduced regulation, reform of Medicare and Social Security and economic growth.
Americans have a clear choice: They can continue to swallow the media gibberish, vote for Democrats and watch the transformation of the United States into a “progressive social democracy,” or they can elect Republicans and participate in the restoration of our exceptional republic.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Get Breaking Alerts
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama delivering on 'flexibility' vow to Moscow
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama should've seen Ukraine coming
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political correctness is enemy of free speech
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop wasting money on United Nations
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certain issues belong to voters