- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Without the young, Obamacare fails
I would suggest to the young people and those affected badly by the health care debacle that they revolt against a law that is taking away their right to free will. Only then will President Obama — who has told multiple untruths about his signature health care law — and his cohorts get the message that you can’t make the American people become socialists.
Further, if those younger people upon whom Mr. Obama’s whole Ponzi system depends don’t apply because they are unemployed and can’t even pay the fine or enroll, then how, pray tell, will the government enforce the law? Is it going to lock everyone up?
Lastly, the 30 million uninsured poor people to whom Mr. Obama says he wants to give health care will now be millions more owing to having been dropped by their insurance companies. This in and of itself has placed an undue burden on the American people. Having said that, the $600-million-plus spent on the Obamacare website could have been used to give said millions their health care 10 times over. Thanks for the chaos and great leadership, Mr. Obama.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'