- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ film postponed until Valentine’s Day 2015
NEW YORK — The release of the big-screen adaptation of “Fifty Shades of Grey” has been postponed until 2015.
The film had been scheduled to open in August next year, but Universal Pictures announced Wednesday that it will now debut on Valentine's Day in 2015.
The production of “Fifty Shades of Grey” has not gone according to plan. “Sons of Anarchy” star Charlie Hunnam dropped out of the project shortly after his high-profile casting as billionaire Christian Grey. Jamie Dornan replaced him, and the start of production was pushed from November to December.
A Valentine's Day release is fitting for the erotic romance, but it also moves the film out of the lucrative summer movie-going months. February is often a dumping ground for Hollywood’s less prestigious releases.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.