- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Calif. gold mining ghost town selling for $225K — on Craigslist
Question of the Day
You can find all sorts of strange items for sale on Craigslist. Now, the for the low-low price of $225,000, you can purchase your very own gold mining ghost town in the Sierra Nevada.
Due to health reasons, owners Jerry Manpearl and Tim TenBrink are selling "the real McCoy," the town they bought in 1975, the Los Angeles Times reported. In the 1850s, the area was bustling with people, including Chinese immigrants who worked the mines after gold was found.
Craigslist users with deep pockets, and the courage to brave 1,000-foot drops along dangerous terrain, could find themselves with 9.8 acres, three cabins, a bar and a liquor license to go with it, the Times said.
"Expand it into a unique getaway! Perhaps the most remote 'restaurant' in Northern California," the Craigslist advertisement states.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chinese spy ship arrives at giant U.S.-led naval exercise off the coast of Hawaii
- Obey: Pentagon research indicates social media can be used to control people like robots
- American Spartan: Man served in Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- NATO troop commander questions Obama's Afghan war strategy at Senate hearing
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq