- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
McLaren promotes Magnussen for 2014
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - McLaren says it will promote Danish driver Kevin Magnussen for the 2014 Formula One season, pairing the rookie with former world champion Jenson Button.
The 21-year-old Magnussen replaces Mexican driver Sergio Perez, who announced Wednesday that he will leave McLaren after one season. Perez will drive for McLaren this weekend at the U.S. Grand Prix and the season’s final race in Brazil.
Magnusson has come up through McLaren’s junior driver program and won the Formula Renault 3.5 championship. He will be just the third rookie driver in the history of the team and the first since Lewis Hamilton in 2007.
McLaren has had a disappointing 2013, with no podium finishes heading into the final two races of the year.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.