- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
McLaren promotes Magnussen for 2014
AUSTIN, TEXAS (AP) - McLaren says it will promote Danish driver Kevin Magnussen for the 2014 Formula One season, pairing the rookie with former world champion Jenson Button.
The 21-year-old Magnussen replaces Mexican driver Sergio Perez, who announced Wednesday that he will leave McLaren after one season. Perez will drive for McLaren this weekend at the U.S. Grand Prix and the season’s final race in Brazil.
Magnusson has come up through McLaren’s junior driver program and won the Formula Renault 3.5 championship. He will be just the third rookie driver in the history of the team and the first since Lewis Hamilton in 2007.
McLaren has had a disappointing 2013, with no podium finishes heading into the final two races of the year.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.