- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
Thompson won the 2011 LPGA Navistar Classic at 16, and took the LPGA Malaysia last month for her second tour title. After opening with a 72, she had a 64 _ the best round of the week in the 36-player event_ Friday to pull within a stroke of second-round leaders Anna Nordqvist, So Yeon Ryu and Pornanong Phatlum.
Kim birdied the final two holes for a 67.
Third-ranked Stacy Lewis was third at 11 under after a 67.
Tournament host Lorena Ochoa won 27 LPGA Tour titles before retiring in 2010.
English matched the lowest round of his PGA Tour career Saturday morning with a 9-under 62 on Mayakoba Resort’s El Camaleon course. The 24-year-old former Georgia star won the FedEx St. Jude Classic in June for his first PGA Tour title.
Karlsson played 36 holes Friday, shooting 63-67. The 44-year-old Swede, an 11-time winner on the European Tour, tied for 10th last weekend in the McGladrey Classic to earn a spot in the field this week.
Rory Sabbatini and Kevin Stadler were tied for second at 12 under. Sabbatini completed eight holes in the third round, and Stadler played six. None of the 78 players who made the cut were able to finish the round.
More than 4 1/2 inches of rain hit the course from Wednesday afternoon to Friday afternoon. Because of the wet conditions, players are using preferred lies.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again