- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Redskins notes: Trent Williams claims umpire cursed at him during game
Question of the Day
In the second half, Williams made his first career catch for a first down. He finished with six punt returns for no yards and that one reception and also caught a two-point conversion early in the fourth quarter to cut the Philadelphia lead to 24-8. Williams also allowed a late fourth-quarter punt to bounce at the 20. It was downed at the 4 for a 70-yard punt to put Washington in bad field position for its final drive.
Defensive end Stephen Bowen, who aggravated his injured right knee in practice on Thursday, was active and played on Sunday. Bowen originally tore the PCL in the knee in the Redskins‘ victory over the Chicago Bears on Oct. 20. But he left the game in the first half with what was again listed as a knee injury. He, too, did not return. Bowen said he will have an MRI on Monday and was hurt on a crackback block, but didn’t believe the injury was serious.
More concerning for Washington: A concussion diagnosis for tight end Jordan Reed, who did not play in the second half, though he came out of the locker room for warm ups. Cornerback Josh Wilson missed time in the first half as he was being evaluated for a concussion, but returned to the contest.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Brian Orakpo vows contract won't be an issue in 2014
- Redskins call Richmond their summer home
- Jayson Werth's hit, Anthony Rendon's hustle lift Nats past Brewers
- Nationals sign first-round draft pick Erick Fedde, but lose two other selections
- Strasburg, Nats fall to Brewers as second half opens
Latest Blog Entries
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq