- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
Amtrak restores service following derailment south of Baltimore
Question of the Day
BALTIMORE (AP) — Amtrak says it has restored its Northeast Corridor service between Baltimore and Washington following a train derailment.
The rail service says the Silver Meteor from New York to Miami became disabled in the B&P Tunnel south of Baltimore shortly after 7 p.m. Monday. None of the 158 passengers was injured.
Amtrak says the lead wheels of the locomotive came off the rails. The passenger cars remained upright and on the tracks, and passengers were returned on a separate rescue locomotive to Baltimore’s Penn Station.
Service was restored about two hours after the derailment.
Amtrak says northbound and southbound trains were sharing a track through Baltimore, and delays were expected.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq