- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Republicans say new report points to Obamacare security problems
Question of the Day
With little to no hope of repealing the health care law while Mr. Obama is in office, the GOP has turned to problems with HealthCare.gov. and rising distrust of the president’s word — a trend borne out in public opinion polls — as catalysts for their attacks on Obamacare.
“This is Machiavelli 101 and Republicans are not going to let a good crisis go to waste,” Republican strategist Ford O’Connell said. “They are likely to keep piling on until President Obama has zero credibility with the American people on health care, or any subject, for that matter.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Medicare trust fund to last 4 years longer: Obama administration
- ACLU: Unprecedented U.S. spying has chilling effect on reporters and sources, weakens accountability
- Rep. Mike Rogers: Lock Israel-Palestine negotiators in a room
- Conservative group warns Va. Gov. Terry McAuliffe not to go it alone on Medicaid expansion
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq