- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The sorcerer’s apprentice
Question of the Day
The American voters elected to the office of commander in chief a man who has never worn the uniform of the United States military, a man so ignorant of our armed forces that he referred to a medical corpsman as a “corpse-man.” Voters chose to put at the helm of the foremost economy on earth a man who has never managed even a lemonade stand. In foreign affairs, we watched as he drew “red lines” in the sand before a minor Middle Eastern despot, painting himself into a corner until he was rescued from his folly by Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Now his signature “accomplishment” — Obamacare — has begun to collapse around his ears, devastating millions of Americans whose health insurance policies have been canceled and who are unable to apply for new and possibly more expensive ones because of an inoperable federal website. Meanwhile, caught in his own lies and rejecting corrective legislation introduced by the opposing political party, he poses questionable executive actions to defer or negate the provisions of his own law. The insurance industry is in chaos. The medical profession is in a quandary. The public is befuddled.
The American electorate has installed a sorcerer’s apprentice in the White House.
J. GRIFFIN CRUMP
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Manchester United delights FedEx Field crowd with shootout win over Inter Milan
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear