- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Padres and RHP Josh Johnson agree to 1-year deal
The right-hander was acquired by Toronto in a blockbuster trade with Miami last offseason but went 2-8 with a 6.20 ERA 16 appearances this year. He missed significant time with a triceps injury.
The 29-year-old Johnson had arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur in his elbow at the end of the season. He made his big league debut with the Marlins in 2005 and has a career record of 58-45 with a 3.40 ERA.
A two-time All-Star, Johnson led the NL with a 2.30 ERA in 2010, but injuries have been a problem lately. He made only nine starts for the Marlins in 2011 and finished 8-14 with a 3.81 ERA in 191 1-3 innings the following year.
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again