- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Empower patients, not bureaucrats
Question of the Day
In a swaggering defense of Obamacare, President Obama proclaimed to the American people, "If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. No one will take it away. No matter what." ("Obama blunders into his own 'Katrina,'" Web, Nov. 17).
Now we learn that what he really meant was: "You'll be able to keep my health plan, period. No one will take Obamacare away. No matter what." No matter if countless patients lose the health care plans they like. No matter if almost no one signs up for Obamacare.
The president's perjurious promises and the Obamacare debacle have increased calls to repeal and replace the Jacobinic madness of Obamacare with truly democratic reform. Empower patients instead of bureaucrats. Provide a sensible, sustainable safety net instead of industry-crippling mandates. Cut costs through reasonable regulation and competition instead of escalating costs through hyper-regulation, bureaucracy and incompetence.
But the president and his party press on without heed, so Americans await the next election. Meanwhile, the wry words of President Lincoln will prove pertinent: "The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."
Vice president for government relations
Christian Medical Association
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Get Breaking Alerts
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals