- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Long brothers line up vs each other in Bears-Rams
Question of the Day
He’s such a natural, he was the 20th pick of the first round of this year’s draft.
Chris made a far more direct trip, drafted with the second overall selection in 2008 out of Virginia. Kyle had to live up to the pressure of following both Howie and Chris. Then again, at least he doesn’t play the same position as his father, who starred at defensive end for the Raiders from 1981-93.
“He’s messed up once or twice and gotten knocked down once or twice and taken a long path,” Chris said. “But, heck, for a guy that’s been at one college and a juco and changed sports and played one year of major college football, he’s doing a hell of a job. I’ve just been proud of the way he’s handled everything and the man he is.
“It really has nothing to do with football for me. But I’m just really proud because I know how hard this job is.”
AP Sports Writer Andrew Seligman in Lake Forest, Ill., contributed to this report.
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq